Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Leap Year Virtual Run Race Re-Cap

Date:  February 29, 2012

Race:  Leap Year Virtual Run Race by Life As A Running Mom

Distance:  2.9 miles

Time:  29:57

Thanks to Life As A Running Mom for hosting my first virtual race of the year!  I've been looking forward to this race because not only was it a fun way to spend the extra day, but I also got to race in my Saucony Hattoris for the first time!

My time wasn't stellar, I've run a faster 5K than that, but that's ok.  I've been very cautious lately, running at a much slower pace, because I'm afraid PF will strike again, and I can't have PF with my half marathon in 2 weeks!  So I took off slow, but found myself going 8:45 at one point on my first mile, so I reeled myself back to a slower pace.  I did that at every mile, making sure I was not going too fast.  Is it the Hattoris that make me want to go fast?  Who knows.  Couldn't help but wonder what my pace would've been if I didn't have to reel myself in.  I'm just so scared about my PF getting worse 2 weeks before my half marathon!  But finding those paces in my Garmin and feeling good while running at those paces really had me intrigued.  (Patience, Marie, patience...)

I have to admit, I felt very free running in my Hattoris - like a kid running without a care in the world.  I'm really looking forward to running in them more, once I build up more miles in them.

I'm not sure why I picked a hilly course for this virtual race, but then again, it's so hard to avoid hills around here.  I had a blast, though!  Felt really good!  Thank you, Life As A Running Mom!  Check out her blog post to see who the winners are for this fun virtual race!

(Note:  I was not compensated in any way by Saucony for this mini review of their Hattoris.  I bought these pair of Hattoris myself and my opinions of them, thus far, are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...