Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Motivation

Source

Happy Monday!  I am 3 weeks away from the official start of my Marine Corps Marathon training!  I was able to keep my mileage up since my last half marathon race (back in March), so we are going to start at Mile 10 for a long run. 


My long run yesterday was 10 miles.  My friend "T" and I stopped every mile because it was so hot and humid.  It felt great, but we were slower - 11:18 min/mile - but it felt good the whole time.  My 13.1 mile run the weekend before was 10:40 min/mile pace and I stopped every 2 miles.  I think I liked going a little longer in between water breaks to get into that running groove.  We are going to have to experiment as we move along.

This week, I have plans to put my training schedule on my calendar and hopefully be able to insert a couple of races in there too.  I am both excited and terrified.  I also need to get to the bottom of this nagging pain I feel on my right thigh....on the outside....it is not my ITB, I think  it's a pinched nerve caused by my SI Joint dysfunction issues.  Ugh.  So my head tells me to get it looked at again.  But then I know I haven't been very good at correcting it either, so I might try to correct it everyday and see if that makes any difference.  It doesn't hurt when I run.  I just "feel" it the day after, like say when I'm doing the boat pose in Yoga where you have to extend your legs out in front of you.  Am I that scared to not want to hear, "you can't run a marathon?"  Yes, I am. 

Ugh.

There is nothing more I want this year than to run Marine Corps Marathon.  Maybe it's just nerves, but trying to stay positive and let the energy flow and flush out that dull pain and that fear.  I always ask for the wisdom to know when to slow down, or stop.  I do want to keep running until I'm in my 80s. 

Are you running a marathon this fall?  When do you officially start training and which training plan are you following?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...