Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Motivation: Running Across the U.S. for Lung Cancer Awareness

As most of you know, I started running back in 2009 as a way to cope with my mom's passing and also so I can help raise money for lung cancer research.  I lost my mom to lung cancer 3 1/2 years ago now.  She was a never smoker, and since then, I've learned that ANYONE with lungs can get lung cancer.

Source

Thanks to a friend, today I came to know about an amazing young lady who's running across the country (from Times Square in New York to San Francisco, California).  She started her journey today.  Kelcey Harrison is running 3,500 miles to raise lung cancer awareness.  She lost her best friend, Jill, who was 22 years old, an athlete, and a never smoker like my mom, to lung cancer.  Kelcey plans to run 30 miles a day, and I can't begin to tell you how inspiring she is to me!  I wish her a safe journey ahead!  To read more about Kelcey and her journey, please go HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...