Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!


So it starts, the promise of a new and better year.  For those of you who have hung in there, you, yes, you, my awesome loyal 17 blog followers, I'm sure you're now familiar with my MO - Blog regularly at the start of the new year and then fade off to oblivion because life at home gets to that point when I honestly just don't have the time or energy.

Yup, well, here's another year.  This year, however, I hope to be more true to myself and not beat myself up when a "resolution" doesn't pan out.  So I'm going to just do my best to blog when I can because I do miss blogging.  On those days when I don't want to blog, I'm going try to post a short blurb, as short as one word, or one of my Instagram pics. 

For someone like me with an awful blog track record, how am I going to do this?  Janathon 2013!  If you haven't heard about Janathon 2013, check out the link.  It's very easy - run OR exercise everyday and then blog about it.  Simple, right?

I hope it'll get me to hang around the blog world a little longer than just 3-4 months.  Last year was crazy.  Are you a Janathon participant?

So today, the first day of Janathon, I, of course, had to still be sick.  :(  Nasty cold virus.  My nose is getting more runs in these days than my legs.  Awful.  And just after I signed up to run Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach, March 17 too!  

I will try to run tomorrow, but to kick off Janathon, I did Lolo Jones' Core Workout this morning and threw in a couple of clam shells & hip flexor exercises for ITB strength while waiting for my boys to go out for lunch.  Check out my uncoventional "workout" clothes below during the plank (if you can see it):


Yup, did my workout in jeans!  I'm quite the fashionista these days.  For a busy mom, you squeeze in any workout you can when an opportunity (in this case, I had 30 free minutes! Woot!) comes. 

So there goes my first Janathon post.  Small steps.  I am hoping for a run tomorrow.  We shall see.  While I spend this first day of the new year all nasally with my new best friend here,


I'm looking forward to this new year and am excited for whatever new adventure is out there for me!  I am still figuring out my running goals, so once I have a better feel for what I want to do, I will share.  In the mean time, for my loyal blog followers here, on Facebook, and Daily Mile, I will post a race recap on how my first full marathon went and all the races I did last year.

Hope you are having a Happy New Year!  Thanks for reading!  So who is doing Janathon or plan to?  What New Year's resolutions have you made?  


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!!! This crud is awful isn't it? I'm back on my rescue inhaler for the bronchial spasams... hope to get 6 miles in tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...