Thursday, January 17, 2013

Seeking Inner Peace

I chose wisely today. I was feeling worn out, uninspired to run on another dreary, cloudy, cold morning, but I got out there anyway before I had a chance to think about it again. I felt off-balance running, and the inside of my knee was aching. :( It is not fun to have your right leg shorter than your left. I honestly think that's the source of my injuries (note to self: do SI Joint exercises from PT). The other thing that's so wrong with me (LOL) is that my right foot is at an angle, to the right - even though my knee is pointing forward. It's no wonder I run like a duck. Another root cause of all my injuries? Probably.

This quote struck a chord with me: "I don't have a runner's body, but I have a runner's heart - and that is all you need." Jennifer Morris. I also may not run like a runner, but I do have a runner's heart, duck feet and all!

The longer I ran this morning, the less ache I was feeling, so I kept going and felt good about shaking my legs off a bit. I didn't know where to go, so I just followed the sidewalk again and ended up tracing them around my neighborhood.

My treadmill when I don't know where to go, where to run...

I ran by feel, as always, and today I did not want to run fast. I thought about how good and relaxing it felt to slow down. It reminded me about an article I read about running based on how your day/week went/is going - if you're having a stressful day or have had a stressful week, run easy. I've had a stressful week, so it's no wonder my body just wants to chill out on a run.
I didn't get a negative split on this run, but I did finish my 4 miler with that last mile being at a faster pace. I had that happy, satiated feeling at the end of my run. (Note to self: you will never ever regret going out for a run, so just go out and run. Don't think, just run.)


My kids were equally as stressful to me as yesterday. I'm sure being cooped up in the house due to the damp, dreary, cold weather is not helping, and neither is Little Man's interrupted sleep. He woke up again at 3am, then at 5am. I had a cooler head today, so I think the 4-Miler was long enough to give me a little bit more patience, haha! Yup, THIS is why I run, people! LOL.

So did I find my inner peace today? Not until this evening. I am learning and trying to cut myself some slack. I am learning to accept that I will never get everything done and it's ok. I am learning to simplify. I am learning to show love more and focus more on all my boys. I am learning to accept my duck feet.

I capped off the night with some foam roller love (gotta love that kind of hurt), and my #plankaday and #wallsit challenges with The Hubs.

I totally surprised myself by holding the plank up to 3 min. again. I almost died the last time I did 3 min. The Wall Sit challenge was HARD! Burning! Legs burning! I collapsed afterwards, and swore my head off. It's all done, the day is done, and I'm done. Good night, the end!

Janathon Day 17
Moon Joggers Mileage To Date: 53

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...