Sunday, January 13, 2013

Playoffs, Peanut Butter Protein Bites, & Working Out

Guess Who We're Rooting For...

 

Football playoffs all day and my boys whooping and hollering at the TV, means sneaking in my ITB Rehab Routine and Myrtl Routine between helping Little Man deal with tantrums, breaking up fights, in-between laundry loads, warming up the pizza, and getting the kids to eat dinner. My right leg feels good today, so, very hopeful, and it motivates me to get these routines done however, wherever, and whenever I can. I slept in today, so my routines were spread throughout the day.

I forgot to share this yesterday, this AMAZING, to-die-for, post-run treat that I savored and enjoyed yesterday after my 10-Miler....Peanut Butter Protein Bites.

Peanut Butter Protein Bites

 

It's this heavenly mix of oats, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter, chia seeds, and this one had cranberries instead of dates, and my friend didn't have shredded coconut, but I never noticed nor missed it. Check out the RECIPE and try it after a run. Totally YUM to the tenth power. Easy to make. It was hard NOT to have just one, but each Peanut Butter Protein Bite is 142 calories, so beware the urge to pop in more than 2. I am going to be making these little bites for my long runs.

What is your post-run treat to refuel? Do you have any equally yummy recipes to share? Please do!

Of course the day will not be complete without my #plankaday and #wallsit challenges. I am really digging these 2 challenges, not only because I know they do my marathon-training body good, but I LOVE sharing these pics on Instagram! Yes, I'm on Instagram! Please follow me there! I am @whysheruns on there!

 

Cheesy Fist Bump Elbow Side Planks With The Hubs

 

Janathon Day 13

Moon Joggers Mileage To Date: 39

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter bites are the best! That recipe looks pretty good, I normally make them with oats, honey, PB, and powdered milk I think. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mark! Ooo, honey! I love honey. That's a nice simple recipe that I might have to try too. Have you tried them during a run for fuel? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...