Friday, January 14, 2011

OMG. I want to do Ragnar.


So I saw the movie (Hood to Coast).  And I am hooked.  I want that kind of experience.  I want to see if I can do it (even though I'm scared as crap).  I emailed my best friends who also run and basically said, I will run Ragnar DC only if they do it.  One of them ran it last year and had been pushing me to do it.  So now we are talking!

But then why does it sound so crazy, scary, exciting and fulfilling all at the same time?  What is the allure of being one of 6 stinky runners in a van, running in pitch darkness at 2am, running when it's 100 degrees out, and feeling like crap?  Why WOULD I want to do that, right?

Not sure exactly, but a huge part of it is the huge bonding moments and everlasting friendships that could come out of it - but then again, we could all end up hating each other's guts in the end too.  It's expensive, there's a lot of logistical organizational stuff that has to happen, I have to be away from home for 2 nights, it's going to be one of the most challenging runs I will ever do.....there are so many reasons that keep coming to mind as to why I shouldn't.

But somehow I keep going back to why I SHOULD RUN Ragnar DC:

- Experience
- Camaraderie
- Adventure
- To get out of my comfort zone
- To see how far and how long I can go.
- To show that "I can kick a**!"
- If not this year, when? I am not getting any younger! LOL
- I need a running/fitness goal.
- Because I love to run!
- Because I think can do it.
- Because I know I can do it.

I think that's enough reasons to do it, no?  I'm still a little freaked out,  but we'll see how this journey goes.  Excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog - so cool that you are signed up for the Ragnar DC blog. My husband ran Key West this year. I volunteered and got inspired to RUN! :) I'm running my first 5K Apr 29th, and we are registered for Ragnar Key West for Jan 2012. By the way, we have four open slots on our team...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Beth! Happy you found my blog! Way to go for getting inspired to run! Good luck on your first 5K! Remember that first race - it will always be special to you. And how cool for you to register for your first Ragnar already! You go! If I lived closer, I would be considering joining your team! Best wishes to you and happy running!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...