Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hood to Coast Movie Review

My friend and I braved the icy and snowy roads last night (I know, crazy!!) and drove 12 miles to see the one time, 1-11-11 theatrical release of Hood to Coast.

What an incredible, crazy, wicked journey!  I have not done a relay race before so I felt like one of Team Thunder 'N Laikaning's "Hood to Coast virgin" members, learning about how a relay race works and feeling the excitement that goes with doing something so ridiculous as running a 200-mile relay race in 2 days.  Non-stop.  With little sleep.  And that includes running in pitch-blackness up a mountain with only a flashlight and headlamp to light your way.  Sorry, ok, it's not ridiculous.  It's only ridiculous on paper until you experience it.

The Hood to Coast movie followed four teams as they ran the 200-miles from Mt. Hood to the Oregon coast.  Twelve runners per team take turns running non-stop.  You could not help but cheer each team on as they pushed towards the finish line, sleepless and getting progressively exhausted, but so full of spirit to finish.  Each team had their own story to tell of why they are running this incredible relay race: from running in memory of a son/brother/husband/friend to running the race because they've never done it before.  I laughed and I cried and felt the rush of the race with them.

I hope this movie comes out on DVD soon.  It was beautiful movie, and I came out of that movie theater feeling very encouraged and inspired to run my first relay race (ahem, more on that later).

Here's the trailer for the movie again.  Did you get a chance to see the movie?  What did you think?



Hood To Coast Movie Trailer from HoodToCoastMovie on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...