Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

Been a little down lately because of my injury.  Bummed because my 10K race is in a week and a half and my physical therapist ordered the dreadful "No Running" prescription.

Sigh.

I am struggling today to focus on other things - nothing too exciting - like chipping away at the growing pile of dirty laundry.  After allowing myself to wallow in self-pity and frustration, I decided ok, I'm done, I need to move on.  To keep moving.  I couldn't help but think of Dory, the fish from "Finding Nemo" the movie.  The exchange between Dory and Marlin is a perfect reminder for me today that life goes on and you keep moving along with it. 

Dory:"Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills...When life gets you down do you wanna know what you gotta do?"
Marlin:"I don't wanna know what you gotta do."
Dory:"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim."


2 comments:

  1. Love this! Ugh. It is so hard to sit back and watch others run. But take care of yourself. It's better for you in the long run. I took that time and cross-trained and got stronger, so when I went back to running, I was leaner and meaner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kerrie! I'm hangin' in there. I did go out for a nice long 4 mile walk yesterday and it felt really really good. It took a lot of mental toughness to keep myself from running (LOL)! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...