Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspiring Runner: Kristin Armstrong

"Although raising three children is the best adventure of all, this phase of my life is not marked by freedom—in terms of liberties & indulgences with time. But there is freedom in running. There is liberty & indulgence with time, even 30 precious minutes, if that's all the day affords. I am reminded...that adventure is out there, always whispering to me, calling me forward." Kristin Armstrong, Author & runner



Kristin Armstrong - wife of the famous Lance Armstrong - has become an athlete herself, a remarkable runner.  I read a little excerpt about her on Shanti Sosienski's Women Who Run and was struck by her strength as she dealt with a very public divorce from Lance, raising her children, and picking herself back up.  Again, I am inspired and moved by the healing powers of running.  Kristin found solace, comfort, and a new start in life through running.

I cannot wait to get my hands on her book, Mile Markers: The 26.2 Most Important Reasons Why Women Run.  Has anyone read it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...