Thursday, February 10, 2011

Run Like A Mother: The Book


A friend loaned me her book copy of Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving--and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity last year.  I enjoyed it so much I HAD to have my own copy.  Between potty training my 3 year old, nursing my ITBS, and my daily busy-ness as a stay-at-home mom, I finished the book feeling empowered, informed, and proud to be a mother runner.

The book is FUN-NY - highly entertaining, sharing lots of moms' hilarious anecdotes about balancing motherhood and running.  The authors, Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell, offer honest, realistic advice on training techniques, selecting the right running shoes, running gear, and more.  They know and understand moms who want to run, love to run, and moms (like me) who NEED to run.  I highly recommend this book to all moms, especially if you don't think you can squeeze running into your busy schedule.  The book leaves you inspired to lace up your shoes and go out for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...