Wednesday, February 1, 2012

11 Random Things....


Kerrie from Mom Vs. Marathon tagged me!  I've been having so much fun reading other blogging runners' "11 random things..." so I thought I'd join in the fun and share my own too!  

Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.


My Eleven Random Things

1.  I can't swim.  I used to (a little bit) but somehow forgot.  I'm going to take swim lessons in the spring because I'd love to try a triathlon!

2.  I can juggle.  Tennis balls, GU packets, running medals, gummy bears, you name it - except for knives and torches...I'm not THAT talented.  Oh and only up to 3 items.

3.  I LOVE gummy bears.

4.  When I'm not running, I draw, paint, craft.  It's not easy, and I struggle with it every day, but my dream is to have my own art show in an art gallery somewhere, anywhere.  I love sharing my art.

5.  I can play "Desire" by U2, "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies, and "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles on the guitar.
Pigtails help me run faster.

6.  The only song I know how to play on the piano is "Watermark" by Enya.  Love that piece.

7.  I love being a stay-at-home mom.  Not sure if I can ever go back to working 9-5 ever again.

8.  I have to have my hair in pigtails when I run races.  But when I do my training runs, I put my hair in a single ponytail.  I don't know why I do that.

9.  I don't run with music - even on long runs.

10.  I am currently reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.  I'm almost done and I can't wait to try out my new Saucony Hattori's on my next C25K coaching run!  

11.  I am running my first full marathon this fall - Marine Corps Marathon.  I am scared and excited at the same time.  I better get in or else!


My Answers to Kerrie's 11 Questions

1. Why do you blog?
I blog so that when my kids are older, they can see this other side of me.  This blog has become my "journal" of sorts where I put my thoughts down.  I also just love the blogging community of runners.  I get a lot of inspiration from you all!
2. What is your favorite childhood board game?
Snakes and Ladders!  Or was it Chutes and Ladders?

3. Coffee with or without cream?
With cream!  Just a little.

4. Tell us about your favorite vacation ever.
Before The Hubs: The Outer Banks of North Carolina.  I got to ride a 4-seater plane and got the most spectacular view of the Outer Banks.  
Before Kids:  Playa del Carmen, Mexico with The Hubs.  Hiked around Tulum, explored Mayan ruins, and spent a ton of time on the beach.  
Post Kids:  North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  Spent entire time at this awesome resort - perfect for the kids.  Ocean view room and it was so cool waking up to the ocean every morning.

LOL for someone like me who doesn't know how to swim, I sure love going to beaches!  LOL!

5. What is your favorite movie quote?
Too many to pick just one, but this one came to mind first, from the movie, Inception...."You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Eames

My Ragnar Medal
6. Best bling from a race:
RAGNAR RELAY WASHINGTON DC 2011!!!

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Hawaii - I've never been, and again, for someone like me who doesn't swim, I'd love to have a house by the ocean.  I know, weird.

8. Why would you live there?
Beautiful sunsets, sunrises - scenic training runs and I can just see myself plopping down on the beach to paint/draw after a nice beach run.  That would be heaven for me.

9. The one song that gets you superpumped to run is:
Hmm...that's kinda hard since I don't run with music.  The one song that I played over and over in my head during my hardest Ragnar leg was "Love of an Orchestra" by Noah and the Whale.  I know, weird, not very fast, but I love triumphant music while running.

10. What did you have for dinner last night?
Chicken Marsala over angel hair pasta!

11. Why did you start running?
I started running to cope, so I can run the Race for Breath 5K in memory of my mom who passed away from lung cancer.  My complete story HERE.


Thanks again, Kerrie, for tagging me!  That was fun!  :D


The 11 Peeps I Am Tagging Are (sorry if you've already been tagged!):

1.  Kelly from According To Kelly
3.  SBS from Another Mother Runner
4.  Dimity from Another Mother Runner
5.  Run, Zoe, Run!
6.  Karien from Running the Race
7.  Jamie from Sweaty Hugs
8.  The Unexpected Runner
9.  This Mama Makes Stuff
10.  Ben Does Life\
11.   We Run This


11 Questions for The Peeps I Tagged!

1.  Do you remember your first race?  Which one was it?
2.  Aside from running, what else are you passionate about?
3.  What's the last book you read?
4.  What kind of running shoes do you train/race in?
5.  Name 3 blogging runners who inspire you.
6.  If you could run any race in the world, which race would it be and why?
7.  What is your biggest goal (running or non-running related) for this year?
8.  Most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you during a race?
9.  Your favorite pre-run and post-run meal?
10.  When you race, do you wear/carry a good luck charm or wear/carry something that you always/must have for every race?  Like you wear the same hat or you must wear your hair in braids, etc...
11.  Why do you run?


(Play along if you want, but this did take me longer than I thought it would, so no worries if you don’t have time!)

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'll play along, but it might be a week or more before I get this done! Loved your answers, too. It's always fun to learn more about our bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bari! :) No worries! You know this is just for fun. Yes, it's cool to learn more about bloggy friends. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...