Monday, February 13, 2012

Motivational Mondays

I'm finally home! From a blissful Virginia Is For Lovers 14K race with The Hubs, to reflective moments during the race as I thought of Sherry Arnold and her family, to an awesome and priceless time with my family (sis, Dad, and brother), and then hearing about Whitney Houston, it's been a roller coaster weekend.

I can't wait to share with you this week, my Virginia Is For Lovers 14K Race Report, running for Sherry Arnold, my thoughts on Whitney Houston, and family moments I want to remember.

First, I want to share what I hope will motivate me this week:

Motherhood and doing your best.
 As a mom, sometimes I can't help but feel short of what I "think" I should be able to do at home, for the kids, for The Hubs.....Thanks to Bliss Sisters for reminding me to forgive myself, to be kind to myself, and that I'm doing my best everyday to be the best mom to my boys.

Source
Source


Believe.
I finally got more information about running the Marine Corps Marathon this fall for Team Lung Love, a group of passionate athletes, runners, tri-athletes, who raise money for the Lung Cancer Alliance for lung cancer research and advocacy.  They're based in Washington D.C., and they are one of MCM's charity partners..  The phone call re-assured me more that MCM and raising money for lung cancer is in my future, but there were times over the weekend when doubts creep in, the fear of more imminent injuries, and just whether or not I could do 26.2 miles. 

But you know what?  Just like Ragnar last year bugged me, so does MCM.  I know I just got to keep believing.




10-minute a mile.
I'm a 10.5 min/mile kind of girl for anything above 5 miles.  I need to remember that, and to remember that it's ok.  I've been running with friends who are faster than me, and I have to admit, while I love being challenged and pushed, I am happier running at my 10-minute+/mile pace.  I remember when, almost 2 years ago, my goal was to run a sub 12min/mile pace for a 5K.  Now my 5K PR is a 9min/mile pace!  Sometimes I forget to be patient with myself and I want to run faster sooner.  So this week, I'm going to stay true to myself and embrace my 10-min +/mile pace.  This blog post from The Wannabe Athlete resonated with me so much.  Please check it out! 


Art, What Art?
Still struggling over here to carve time for it, but not giving up, just going with the flow.  This photo inspires me, and I'm going to post it as a reminder.  Not giving up yet.


Green land by Piotr Krol


How was your weekend?  Did you run for Sherry Arnold?  What inspires you today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...