Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Drawing Streak: Day 2 - Making Faces

Feeling a little amateurish by not scanning my drawing, so I need to figure out the best way to take better crisper pics of my drawings.  If you have any tips you'd like to share, please email me!  (whysheruns at gmail dot com).  :). Thank you!

This is a blind contour drawing of me and my 3 boys.  :P. lovely, isn't it?!  Haha, you can't even tell which one is me!  It was drawn with my eye on the photo of me and my boys the whole time, without looking at my paper and without lifting my pen, hence the technique's name, blind contour drawing.  I love this technique - it's quick, it's not suppose to look "right" and it's fun to see the end drawing.  I added the shading and the frame in the end to ground the drawing.

I'd like to do more of these.  I think this one took me just 15 minutes.  Perfect for my crazy schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...