Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Moms On The Run! - My Training Group

From my first 10K race last year
This morning was Day 1 of our "Moms On The Run" running group! 


What started out as two friends asking me separately if I could teach them how to run, ended up with me, organizing a running group of tough moms who want to run their first 5K race in the spring!  I'm so excited for them and very nostalgic about my first 5K training, but also nervous and anxious about my abilities to help guide them through the Couch to 5K training plan without hurting or breaking them - or worst, turning them away from running for good.  Yikes!  I don't know everything about running (aside from my little bit of experience), I'm not a fast runner, still feeling a little newbie-ish, but I have run a couple of 5K races before, so I hope that is good enough??!!  I only hope that in the end, they will love running as much as I do!


 I was so sure we would end up running in the cold, cold rain, but Little Man (my 4 y.o.) sang, "Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, won't you please shine down on me..." and lo and behold, the rain stopped (must remember that for my next rainy run).  Didn't want my friends to start off feeling discouraged already on their first day of training.


Overall it went well, I got a nice warm up before my 4.5 Miler, and got motivated by my friends' enthusiasm.


Do you remember your first 5K race?  What advice/tips would you give first time runners training for her first race?


Have you coached first time runners before?  Any advice that you can give me?  Thanks in advance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...