Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 Things Thursday: Defeated, Redeemed & Inspired

From wpclipart.com
What a roller coaster of a Thursday it has been for me!

1.  Deafeated.  Feeling very pathetic, but after just 3 days of my Streak, it all ended yesterday due to so many things beyond my control - the hubs coming home later than usual, ridiculously cold temps outside, total meltdown from the youngest 2 boys, and a homework war with the oldest.  By the time I got everyone and everything fed, cleaned, bathed, and off to bed, it was already 10pm and I was exhausted.
From wpclipart.com

 It pains me when I can't follow through what I set out to do.  Tet deep down, the adult in me knew that what I set out to do (to run at least 1 mile a day in January) wasn't very realistic.  Swept by the new promise of a new year, I made very ambitious goals without thinking through the logistics, since I have to work my running goals around my priorities (the hubs, the boys, the house).  So I'm going to put a bookmark on the streaking challenge and come back to it later this year, when the days are longer, and I'm ok with that.

From wpclipart.com
2.  Redeemed.  It must have been from all the pasta I feasted on last night.  Or the 14 gummy bears I ate pre-run.  Or the (ahem) 4 pounds (YIKES!) I gained over the holidays (yeah that's it).  Or because I ended my Streak and got to rest yesterday.  Or maybe it was born out of the frustration for not being able to complete my Streak, but this morning, I ran 5.

Yes, 5 miles, and it felt SO GOOD!  I think I am finally getting my running mojo back!  I went by feel and started out slow, afraid I'd injure myself.  Running 5 totally surprised me since I felt so done at the end of my 3.5 mile run just 2 days ago.  I'm so relieved.  I'm back on track.  I'm so happy to be following a training plan again. :)

3.  Inspired.  Finally, after basking in my personal triumph from this morning, I discovered this little video, and it made me smile and all warm & fuzzy on the inside.  What a wonderful thing to do on your birthday!  It inspired me to do something similar on my 40th (ACK!) birthday later this year - to give back, to be grateful, to bring smiles. So please check out what Lucas did on his 30th birthday below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...