Thursday, January 12, 2012

3 Things Thursday - These Are Sort Of Like Running....

Running has taught me so much about living in the moment - in the mile I am in - and not get too caught up in all the miles I have left ahead of me.  When I start to think about the 8 miles I have left in my 10-miler, or even the last mile in any of my runs, I go on freak out mode.  I start to feel rushed, then stressed.  All those doubts in my head start crawling, the run starts to overwhelm me, and I can't get my running groove on.  So I focus on the mile I am currently in, soak up what's around me, go with feel, and fall into the rhythm of my breathing.  And try to relax.

Thanks to running, I've learned to tackle things in my day that...well, that I really don't feel like doing!

1)  Like doing the tower of dishes in my sink.....


2)  ....while trying to chip away at this never-ending mountain of laundry.....


3)  ....and juggling the day's must-do tasks.....
wpclipart.com

So just like running, I try to take it one dirty dish at a time, one laundry load at a time, and one task/crisis at a time.  Relax.  Chill.  Be patient with myself.  It will all get done somehow.  One at a time.

(I have no idea why my blog looks this way - the right hand column should be down on the bottom.  Grrr..Time to go to Wordpress?)

(UPDATE!  YAY!  I got my blog all fixed - turns out my images were too big, it pushed my sidebar items to the bottom of my blog!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...