Monday, January 30, 2012

Motivational Mondays

I'm a day behind on this, but that's what happens when the kids don't have school on Mondays.  I am really liking this idea of "Motivational Mondays" to carry me through the week.  It's so easy (at least for me) to fall into a rut during training.  So every Monday, I'm going to post people, photos and links I find inspiring and motivating!

1)
Source

2)  I ran Ragnar Relay Washington DC last year (2011) and didn't learn about Holly Mitchell's story until after the race.  Holly's husband died the year before (2010) while he was running his first Ragnar leg.  Holly's return to the same race where she lost her husband is a remarkable story of strength and determination to complete an emotional race to honor her husband.


3)
Source
 ""It's impossible" said pride. "It's risky" said experience. "It's pointless" said reason. "Give it a try" whispered the heart."  If you haven't "liked" I <3 to Run on Facebook, you must!  They post the most inspiring and motivating photos there.  This is just one of them.


4)  Last but not least, Kerrie from Mom Vs. Marathon!  Kerrie's blog was the first blog I started following a year ago.  She inspired me to start blogging then, when I got the running bug.  I wasn't blogging regularly last year, but her FB and blog posts about her training, her first Hood to Coast Relay Race experience and her first full marathon experience brought me back to the blogging world and into this wonderful community of blogging runners.  If you're not already following Kerrie, you have to!  She keeps everything about running real and amusing, even the parts about getting injured.  Thank you, Kerrie!  She tagged me to do the 11 Random Things, so that will be up sometime tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!!!



2 comments:

  1. Ilove the idea of motivational Mondays! great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by my blog too! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...