Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nervous About Tomorrow's Run

 So I'm a wee bit nervous about my 8 mile long run tomorrow.  Not so much about getting wiped out like what happened to me last Tuesday mid-run, but nervous because I am running with 2 friends whom I feel are way faster than me.

Don't get me wrong.  Running with friends IS fun, but for someone like me who is used to running alone and who is slow, it is nerve-wracking!  I'm feeling a little self-conscious!  Why am I feeling this way?

I think it's because I know I will be slower than normal since I am still recovering from being sick.  And maybe deep down I want them to like me and i want them to invite me to future runs so that they can push me to do my best, to go faster!  But i'm afraid that i'd be too slow for them, that i would hold them back.  Gosh I sound like I'm in junior high!   Am I really THAT insecure?

Has anyone much faster than you joined you for a run or do you stick with running partners with the same pace as yours?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...