Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How To Squeeze In A Workout On A Busy Day

So I think I've finally figured out how to squeeze in some workouts into a packed day like today. It does not involve getting up at the crack of dawn to do a 1 hour strength/core workout. Nope. It involves breaking down workouts into manageable chunks throughout the day.
That is what I did on this "No Running" Day, today..


I TRIED to get up at 5:50am today to work out downstairs, but it did not work. I snoozed and snoozed that annoying alarm, and when my body finally gave in, I only managed to get Greg McMillan's 15- Minute Core Workout for Runners, which, by the way, I HIGHLY recommend. It doesn't take up too much time, but it gives you a quality workout specifically designed for runners - check it out!

Once I dropped off Little Man at preschool and picked up some things at the store, I went home, cranked out 3 sets of 26 lunges and then moved on to putting away Christmas decorations. Yes. I STILL have Christmas stuff all over the house.
I have a lot of Christmas decorations.


After putting the container of wreaths away, I started the ITB Rehab Routine that I love so much, clam-shelling my way to ITBS-free runs (oh I wish!) and then went on to put away more Christmas decor.


Yes, it's multi-tasking at its best. I did this, alternated between working out and cleaning until I had to pick up Little Man from preschool. The multi-tasking went from 10:20am - 10:30pm! It's crazy, I know, but I was able to add the Myrtl Routine, a wall-sit challenge, a plank challenge, and this new foam roller workout I just found today called, Foam Roller Moves (which I can see would be a nice workout after a long run - a little TLC for sore running muscles!). Yes all that workout in between cooking, homework, cleaning, playing, baking banana bread, picking up & dropping kids off at bus stop, then after-school activities, and hanging out with the kids.

Foam Roller Moves with Foamie Jr.
I even got to help Little Man with some extra sight words to read. Yes, I'm excited that my preschooler is interested in reading already!


Reading With His Pet Shark


I was exhausted at the end of the day, but managed to pull a plank with The Hubs to end the day.


Good night....The End!


Janathon Day 15

Moon Joggers Mileage To Date: 46

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...